#96 – Hard Questions and Genesis with Rebecca McLaughlin
This episode Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley are joined by Dr. Rebecca McLaughlin to discuss some hard questions.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What do we do when we are asked a hard question and we don’t know the answer?
- How does your training in literature relate to how you handle the scriptures?
- What is the best way to respond when someone asks a hard question?
- Lots of hard questions emerge from the first eleven chapters of Genesis, but one of the most challenging for most believers is around creation. How do you talk about the doctrine of creation with seekers and skeptics?
- How would you respond to someone who says “I can’t believe Christianity, because you know, science”?
- If you were going to sit down and read Genesis with a non-Christian person, how would you do that?
- If you were to start reading the scriptures with a non-Christian, where would you start?
- What would you say to someone who is listening to this who has doubts about the goodness or truthfulness of God’s word?
- How should we approach these conversations?
Dr. Rebecca McLaughlin holds a PhD from Cambridge University and a theology degree from Oak Hill seminary in London. She is a regular writer for The Gospel Coalition and author of Confronting Christianity: 12 Hard Questions for the World’s Largest Religion. You can follow her on Twitter or Instagram, or her own website.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Support Knowing Faith and Become a Patron: